“This book introduces a sensational NEW kind of detective story which departs radically from the time-worn molds for fiction of this class. Here, for the first time, the candid camera has collaborated with the author to produce, through pictures which are integral to the text, the story of a dramatic murder in Bermuda.
The Castle Island Case is a complete, full-length detective yarn of the most readable variety, supplemented with one hundred and twenty-nine photographs in which the reader can SEE every important clue and development as they are unfolded by Roger Allenby, ace investigator. Text and pictures blend into one fast moving whole, to give the reader the sensation of being on the spot while the crime is untwined. [..]” (flap copy)
- Title: Castle Island Case
- Author: Van Wyck Mason
- Photographer: Henry Clay Gipson
- Publisher: Reynal & Hitchcock
- Place: New York
- Year: 1937
- Series: Candid Clue Mystery (No. 1)
- Length: 185pp
- Dimensions: 5” x 10.25” x 1”
- Condition: Original dustjacket in fine condition—significantly worn, chipped, and torn along the hinges and edges and faded from light exposure. A clear mylar cover protects the dustjacket. The red cloth-covered boards are somewhat worn and soiled. Pages are crisp and clean. No missing pages. No folds, tears, or extraneous marks.