“The education which is implied in the Constitution is not individual; it is a we-us education rather than an I-me type. It signifies a working together, a full understanding and participation by the people in public affairs; in short, complete and active cooperation in all affairs of government.
The Constitution of Our Country, therefore, has been prepared in the hope that, under the guidance of the capable and far-seeing teachers of the United States, the faith and understanding of the Fathers, together with their ideals of action, union, and democracy, may become an inherent part of the lives of this and future generations.” (from the Forward; p.vii)
- Title: The Constitution of Our Country
- Author: Frank A. Rexford and Clara L. Carson
- Publisher: American Book Company
- Place: New York
- Year: 1924
- Length: 186pp
- Dimensions: 5” x 6.75” x 0.5”
- Condition: Brick colored cloth-covered boards in good condition—minimal wear. There is a light ring stain on the front cover. Binding tight. No missing pages. Pages clean. No folds, tears, or extraneous marks. Inscription and school stamp in front endpapers.