This booklet released by the National Geographic Society brings together two articles about Rome, its history, and its culture. The first is "The Roman Way" by Edith Hamilton, and the second is "Ancient Rome Brought to Life" by Rhys Carpenter. Illustrations and photographs, both black and white and full color, of the city as it was at the time of publication and as it is projected to have been in ancient times appear throughout.
- Title: The Grandeur that was Rome: The Roman Way, and Ancient Rome Brought to Life
- Authors: Edith Hamilton and Rhys Carpenter
- Illustrator: M. Herget
- Publisher: National Geographic Society
- Place: Washington D.C.
- Year: 1946
- Length: 88pp; numbered as p.545-633
- Dimensions: 7” x 10” x 0.25”
- Condition: Paper cover with 2 staple binding. Cover somewhat worn and quite tanned about the edges. Some small tears at the spine. Staples somewhat rusted. Pages clean. No missing pages. No folds, tears, or extraneous marks.